Tuesday, February 28, 2012

☆What I want to do in Japan

According to this countdown:

I have 5 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days until I go to Japan. People keep telling me that that's close, but it feels like forever to me! I wish I could leave now, but I still have things I need to finish up here before I leave.  Anyways, since I have so much time to ponder about what I would like to do in Japan, I came up with a list. Of course, there are probably other things that I want to do that I haven't thought of yet, but I can't wait to experience these!


  • Go to the Studio Ghibli Museum
  • Ride a bike/train/bus/or subway to school. Walking would be really cool, too! I can't wait to see how I will be getting back and fourth from school.
  • Of course, attend a Japanese high school!
  • Join several clubs (if allowed). I'm interested in the Kyudo club (archery), Karate, Ikebana, and others. I'm interested in seeing what they have! 
  • Eat a bento. I'm sure I will be doing plenty of this while in school, but I really can't wait to actually do it! ;D
  • Visit historical landmarks... Especially the old castles, and the city of Kyoto.
  • Go hiking! I always see videos all over YouTube about hiking in Japan, especially in the mountains. I love hiking myself, but there aren't many places to go where I live. 
  • Be fluent in Japanese... Upon return. I'm hoping that I cram enough Japanese into my head before I leave so I can be somewhat conversational upon arrival. 
  • Take a LOT of pictures! I want to make a huge scrap book when I come back. 
  • Visit small villages and towns.
  • Go shopping in a Japanese grocery store. I know this is rather random, but I'm interested in seeing how something so ordinary in our life is different in another country.
  • Visit temples and shrines. Lots and lots of shrines. 
  • Participate in festivals. It would also be really cool if I could go to one where I could dress in traditional attire, like a kimono or yukata.
  • I would really like to see geisha. The geisha is what caught my interest in Japan... When I was 5 years old.
  • Have Japanese Host grandparents... Ojiisan and Obaasan! (I believe, haha!) I would love to hear their stories about Japan. I love listening the stories my dad has about Russia, and my grandpa about Germany.
  • Try Japanese candy! ;D And takes lots home!
  • A typhoon & earthquake. I would NEVER want these natural disasters to harm people, or be strong enough so they could. I've just never experienced one of these before and think it would be interesting.
  • Eat all Japanese food dishes ;)
  • Have a fun year!
So these are just a few things that I want to do while in Japan. I'm open to much more and would like to experience everything! 

1 comment:

  1. Ghibli Museum :D Shrines :D Kyuudo~~ :D
    And candy *u*

    haha, your whole list sounds so enjoyable XD
    (except for the typhoon/earthquake, I did not enjoy my experience with those T^T)

    ReplyDelete