Thursday, February 2, 2012

☆Donating Blood in Japan

Lately I've been spending a lot of my free time on this website called, "GaijinPot.com" because they have numerous articles about Japan. One in particular caught my eye, and it was about donating blood in Japan! Apparently, there is a shortage of blood donations in Japan, so the Japanese Red Cross is holding a 2 month campaign starting in February (now) to "raise the importance of donating blood."

And, of course, leave it to Japan to come up with an adorable mascot!

Here is the link to the original article: http://injapan.gaijinpot.com/2012/01/11/donating-blood-in-japan-part-one/

I know many exchange students wouldn't put "giving blood" as something on their "to do list" but I'm actually quite interested in doing so. My blood type is O (I believe O- but I'm not positive... Pun not intended!) I've also researched the "rules" of donating blood in Japan, and so far, I'm safe. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything about an age requirement. I know that in America you have to be 16 (or, at least in my state) but I don't know if that applies to Japan. I guess that's something I'll have to check out when I arrive!

As of right now, the only new news I've gotten regarding my exchange is that I will be having an orientation meeting on March 25th and April 2nd. I was super excited when I received the news, but then I realized I still have almost 2 months to wait!

2 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful blog! This award is for you:) http://krasabender.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-post_05.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog posts are quite interesting! I really have no clue what the age requirement is to donate blood, but it's great that you wish to do so! And yes....adorable mascots for the win ;D

    Gaijinpot.com is an awesome site! I love stalking the real estate section ^^

    ReplyDelete