Monday, January 16, 2012

☆I'M GOING TO JAPAN!

Today, I got online to check my mail, and saw that Tuso from the Rotary meeting sent me an e-mail saying, "HEY I DIDNT GET JAPAN BUT I GOT SWEDEN :p IM GLAD YOU GOT IT THO:)"
At first I was like, "What? How did he find out that he was accepted? And what country he got? We weren't even supposed to know until March... How did you know I got Japan?!" So, I jumped onto my other e-mail and saw a message from Rotary! I opened it, and it said:


I am pleased to inform you that you have passed the interview part of your long term exchange application!
The recommendation of the committee is for you to exchange with Japan.
I flipped out when I read this message! I replied to my exchange counselor and told her, "Oh my gosh! Thank you!" (I know, not the most professional, but I was so happy that I didn't know what to say!)
Being excited, I ran into my mom's room (and crashed into the couch in the living room while doing so) and jumped into her bed and told her the news! So now we're all happy, and I'm happy and.... AH! I'M JUST SO HAPPY! I can barely sit still! I just want to run and scream around the neighborhood (but it's 10 PM and I have school tomorrow...) I have this stupid grin on my face that I can't get rid of!
***** My exchange counselor just sent me an e-mail saying:


I could hardly wait to tell you! 
I spoke with Toussaint this afternoon. He will be going to Sweden instead of Japan. He asked if you would be going to Japan and I told him you would be going. He wanted me to be sure and tell you how pleased he was that you were selected for Japan.
So now I know how Tuso knew! Tuso is so nice! Though I'm a bit upset that he didn't get Japan. I wanted us to be "J-buddies" :T But, I guess fate has a different course for us. That sounded so cheesy, didn't it? But we'll get to see each other at the Rotary meetings and still be buddies, and I hope he keeps a blog on Sweden, too. I think Sweden is also an awesome country!
I thought I wouldn't get Japan. During both interviews, I was asked, "You seem pretty serious about going to Japan. What if we can't send you to that country?" so, I told them what every exchange student told me NOT TO... "Well, if I can't go to Japan I don't think I'll go to a second country. It's not that I'm not open-minded, but I only get to go to a foreign country as a high school student once. I would try again next year." After that, they all looked at each other like, "Is she serious?" I thought I was going to die, and regretted saying that. But, after that they smiled at me and said, "I'm glad you're so serious about going! You really are fascinated with Japanese culture, aren't you?!"
Oh, Japan! You are filled with wonders!
Okay! So I need to get some sleep now! It still feels like my heart is in my throat, and that butterflies are in my stomach. I can still feel my adrenaline rushing through my arms. I don't know how I'll get sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment