Thursday, January 12, 2012

☆Introduction

Hello! I decided to start writing a blog to tell, and document, my travels in Japan as a foreign exchange student. As of right now, I haven't been officially accepted to go to Japan, and I've yet to be "officially" accepted by my exchange program, RYE, or Rotary Youth Exchange. But worry not, my dear friends, for my interview is this Saturday! I already was interviewed by my own small group of Rotarians, and they told me that they thought I would be an excellent candidate! Tomorrow, I'm taking school off to go find a proper outfit to wear to the meeting, since this one is formal.

I'm really REALLY excited for this interview, because it's not just an interview... It's a seminar! I think that *after* the interviews are finished, a meeting will be held to talk about the Rotary club and exchange in general. But that's not the best part... I get to meet the other to-be exchange students! It feels like this exchange is starting to become more real. For years I've wanted to do this, but I wasn't old enough. It seems like I've been saying, "I'm going to go to Japan soon!" for so long that I almost started to not believe it myself. But now, everything is starting to happen at a fast pace, but I'm ready for it! I heard there is one boy who also wants to go to Japan, but for a semester. I think my mom said that my counselor sent her an actual list of the other exchange students. I'll have to check tomorrow! Maybe I know one from school?

I know this wasn't really a proper "introduction" post, but I felt like this was the best way to step into my blog. I'll make a proper introduction post later. I was just really excited to talk about this! I know it doesn't seem like it would be that exciting, but I've been waiting for this day forever. It seems like going on exchange is suddenly becoming real, instead of me just talking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment