Saturday, January 14, 2012

☆The Interview...

Well, today I had my interview... How did it go? Pretty swell, if I should say so myself! At first, I was really nervous! I was shaking really bad, my stomach was cramping, and my hands were sweating. I was afraid that I would say the wrong thing during the interview, or while I was doing it I would mess up on words like I usually do when I'm nervous. I still did (ah, I have to learn to overcome that!) but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My mom helped me review the interview questions beforehand so I think that helped a little.

Whenever we arrived at the college where the meeting was being held, there was only one other student there, a boy and his mother. My interview was scheduled at 9:30, and his at 10:00, but my "partner" didn't show up so they pushed his interview to my time. There were two rooms filled with interviewers (I would say about 4-5 in each) and we both went into different rooms. The first room I went to had an exchange student, a boy from France, and he participated in the interviewing process (I'm not sure how old he was though! Maybe my age?) After our interviews were done, we switched rooms, and when I went to the second one I was met by an older woman who hugged me and said, "I finally get to meet you!"

I had no idea who she was or what she was talking about! So, I smiled and said, "Yeah! I'm so glad!"
Turns out, she was the person I had been communicating with for almost a year about my exchange! She knew who I was because of my name tag ^^" There was also another exchange student! A girl from Brazil! I don't know how old she was either, but she looked older than me.

So, back to the other exchange student! His name is Toussaint, but I call him Tosu for short.When we came back from our interviews, we started talking, and it turns out he wants to go to Japan, too! He also wants to go for a full year, and we both started talking about everything we wanted to do in Japan! Then, an older Rotarian (who is actually from Germany) came up to us and said, "This is really weird, but we actually have another student who wants to go to Japan as well. Usually there are NO people that want to go, so it's funny how we have so many applicants this year!"

We never did talk to the other boy, and we rarely talked to the other exchange students as well. Everybody else was kind of quiet, and we were laughing a lot ^^" Hopefully we both get Japan! It would be cool to go to the orientations (as well as fly to Japan) with somebody I know! We actually both exchanged e-mails so we could communicate. We'll meet the other exchange students when we have the orientation camp, which will be in April, at the Moody Gardens hotel at Galveston! AH! I'M SO EXCITED! I HOPE EVERYBODY GOT ACCEPTED, AND THEIR COUNTRY CHOICES! I hope the next time we meet we'll warm up easier ^^ I also hope to have a video blog on YouTube when I go on exchange, but I don't have a camera yet :T

The dress I wore to my interview... It reminds me of something that the characters off of Zelda: Wind Waker would wear, and I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment